Translate

Friday, September 10, 2010

A month to go

Less than 5 weeks until our due date:


This week I had my 35-week appointment, and now I will begin going to the doctor every week until the baby comes. It's surreal to have the next five weeks of appointments already scheduled, all the way up to our due date!

I've had a hard time differentiating between the baby kicking and contractions. During my appointment the nurse practitioner was measuring me, and suddenly said, "Oh! You're having a contraction right now." I was able to finally figure out the difference, mostly. I still have times when I'm not really sure, but since there's no pain, just a bit of pressure, there's nothing to worry about.

I've continued to gain tons of weight each week. I'm tired of feeling frustrated by it and have decided to just stop worrying about it. I've far surpassed the "recommended" weight gain for my pre-birth BMI, but oh well. I don't feel like I've used the pregnancy as an excuse to go crazy and eat irrationally. I know I haven't been nearly as active as I'd hoped to be. I guess I'll just have to work hard once the baby is here. Looking forward to some P90X, whenever I can start working out again!

We have to be out of our apartment next Sunday. Hopefully we have a house to move into!

2 comments:

Rick said...

"Do your best, and forget the rest."

Unknown said...

You look so great! :) We'll be praying for you and Michael as you get moved. I have family in Fresno, would you like me to call them and see if they know of a place they could connect you with? Let me know.