Translate

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tofurkey Day

We've been blessed to meet so many good friends here in Fresno over the last year. Our church family has taken care of us in many ways: both last year and this year we had multiple invites for Thanksgiving dinner, were given a couple of baby showers, people checking in with us and simply loving us. We are thankful, especially not having family nearby.

Moving 13 times in 6 years has taught us the importance of making friends and connecting with people. In the last year we've also connected with what we like to call "The Family," and on Sunday "The Family" got together for Thanksgiving dinner, which includes, but is not limited to, four couples that each have a baby girl, ours being the newest addition, the oldest being 15 months old.

A couple of these families are also vegetarian like us, so this was our first experience of a tofurkey, and I was surprised how tasty it was. Apparently, it's all in how it's cooked, and this one was fantastic, with cranberries and all kinds of tasty things.

Below is a picture of the dads on daughter duty while the moms got their dinner first.



Here's a picture of three of the girls on my friend Katheleen's blog.

We are thankful for friends here in Fresno as we miss so many of our family and friends all over the world (literally)!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked the tofurkey! I tried it once and it was gross...guess I'll have to find out how it's cooked well! Tomorrow I'll just have everything BUT the turkey!

Hope you all are well!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked the tofurkey! I tried it once and it was gross...guess I'll have to find out how it's cooked well! Tomorrow I'll just have everything BUT the turkey!

Hope you all are well!