Translate

Friday, June 24, 2011

More Babyproofing Needed

This week Ellie discovered how to pull herself up, and there doesn't seem to be anything she won't attempt to climb up, on, or through.

She started by crawling through our coffee table. This was happening at least a few times every day.





She also had to crawl through her bouncer every time she wanted to go to the kitchen (even though it's the less-direct route).



Then she realized she can reach higher places.



I was making her oatmeal and she had been playing in the living room. Within a quick minute this is where I found her (under a chair), very proud of herself:


Now she will pull herself up onto her knees to reach anything that catches her eye (especially her own reflection).



She was supposed to be napping. After I found her like this and put the gate up, she was mad (her new-found emotions could be another whole blog post) and it took her an hour before she settled down to nap (which is unlike her for nap time. She usually goes down without much of a peep within a few minutes). I guess she was having too much fun and I interrupted.


My little adventurer!

1 comment:

eddie.zapien said...

Fun times, I know how you feel!