Translate

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ellie is Growing

I've been done working for over a month now. I had a wonderful trip to Oregon and Idaho last month for 2 1/2 weeks. Ellie was a great traveler and continues to grow and change even daily. Instead of trying to post all the pictures I took, here is a link to the album I posted on Facebook. I had fun taking pictures of all the friends and family I visited and all the people who got to spend time with Ellie.

I can't put into words how much I enjoy being at home with her (but I can sure try!). When I put her down for her naps I look forward to the downtime, but when I hear her awake, talking to herself while she waits for me to come get her, I get excited and almost giddy to walk in her room. I know she's going to get a huge grin as soon as she sees me. I love scooping her up out of the crib, hugging her and cuddling while she's still slightly groggy, before she is back in Go!-Mode where she doesn't stop and has to explore everything.

She's eating more fun foods all the time. For quite a while she was mostly a vegetables girl, and I realized that fruit usually takes 4 or 5 tries before she likes those, especially because fruit is often a bit tart without any sugar. She eats sweet potato, squash, carrots, peas, avocado, bananas, mangoes, pears, peaches, oatmeal, rice cereal, and most recently, scrambled egg yolk.

As soon as we got home from our trip she decided she was ready to sit up, and she's a pro already.


Her personality is coming out more each day. She is stubborn (a trait from her daddy?) and curious. She is happy and loves to laugh. She loves music and "dances" when music is on with a beat. She is full of joy and smiles all the time. People always remark how happy she is all the time. She waves to people and waves good-bye to her drum that tells her "good-bye" when she stops playing with it. She loves books, both being read to and looking at them herself. She is climbing in and through and up on anything she can find.



We are so blessed! Not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for our precious daughter. We love her so.

No comments: