Translate

Monday, July 25, 2011

I am a Mom

It's a strange thing to suddenly be a part of a "club" that I had been excluded from until now: mommyhood.

I've been thinking about what it's like to be a mom after years of wondering, hoping, praying, and desiring. I will never not be a mom again. I am now and forever a mother, and I am so thankful to have already glimpsed the amazing joy and privilege of being Ellie's mommy. I never knew I'd be so captivated by my beautiful girl. I was sure I'd love being a mom, but I really had no clue that I would be this enthralled. Michael told me recently, "you were made for this" (being a mom), and it's true. I am not defining myself as only a mother. I am more than a mother. I am a teacher and a friend and a daughter and a sister and a wife. But I sure love this new role.

The Moms Group at my church has been doing some fun activities throughout the summer. Last week we went to a park in town that has a fun water area for kids to play. Ellie loves water, and she loved crawling around in the water. She was fearless, going right under pouring water and playing everywhere.





Thanks, Christa, for taking a few pictures.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I remember thinking that. "Wow, I'm in this club now!"
And we are blessed to be in the club :)
MP