Translate

Monday, October 10, 2011

Birthday Time and Sewing Project #2

We had a great trip to Colorado, meeting Ellie's newest cousin. I posted pictures here.

We are busy getting ready for Ellie's first birthday party, which is this weekend. I know every mom says this, but I can't believe she's already one. This year has flown by. Ellie brings us so much joy. She is so happy that people constantly ask me, "is she always this happy?" and for the most part I can honestly answer, "yes." She loves people and isn't afraid of strangers. Whenever I fly she usually wants to sit on strangers' laps, and she flirts and waves to everyone she can.

I was trying to think of a fun theme for Ellie's birthday that wasn't super commercialized, and I thought about some of her favorite toys.

What do each of these photos have in common?








Granted, her "favorite" toy could be that only because it's what we gave her to play with a lot, but regardless, she loves her giraffes. I decided to attempt my second sewing project by making her a birthday dress. The fabric? Giraffe print!

Thankfully, my mother-in-law was able to assist and I know I couldn't have finished this dress without her as I've never sewed buttonholes before. The result:





We had fun making the birthday invitations, so I thought I'd share it, as I have been getting feedback about how fun it turned out:



We can't wait to celebrate our girl's first birthday!

2 comments:

Paula Jean said...

Love the photos and the theme and the invitation! And your description of Ellie reminds me a lot of Kelsey at that age. She may just be one of those easy-going, extroverted kids - they DO exist! Love you guys!

Jamie said...

Oh my word, these are adorable! The photos, the dress, the theme...I love it! Happy Birthday Ellie!!!