Translate

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Projects

Every day we've been trying to accomplish some task. We've gotten a lot accomplished in a little over a week. We got US cell numbers (reusing our super old phones), bought a van, got car insurance, found a bed and a dining room table on Craigslist, refurnished some toys. Michael started a new job, we signed papers on a new apartment and have moved in some things. We've unpacked the kitchen in the apartment and several duffel bags we brought from Guatemala.

I'd say we've been productive.

My mom found this easel at a garage sale and I repainted the chalkboard with chalkboard paint. That stuff is awesome. Another new (to us) toy that I imagine will get hours and hours of use.
And they found this unfinished dresser. I spent yesterday and today adding a layer of stain. My first staining project.
Halfway done
Finished
We are ready to move in all the way this weekend!

1 comment:

Shelly Cunningham said...

I can so sympathize with you-- buying furniture, praying for smooth transitions and a happily ever after where we're moving to. I'm thinking of you as you settle!