Translate

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter!

"Mommy, what do we do on Easter?" My three year-old asked me this morning.

All this talk of Happy Easter and she wanted to know what the big deal was/is.

It's about Jesus. And how he loves us. And sometimes we hide Easter eggs for fun too.
It's about getting a family photo, right?







This morning on Facebook there was a combination of "He is risen!" posts, and fancy Facebook-worthy Easter baskets. 

Last year on Easter weekend I had the inspiration to make Easter baskets for the girls. I went to Walmart, the one place I assumed would have candies or things to color eggs, but there was nothing. I was surprised and a bit disappointed they didn't have anything. So we didn't do anything.

A few weeks ago I went to Walmart and they had an entire section of Easter stuff.  Chocolate bunnies and candy and baskets and bunny ears. Maybe I just missed it last year? This weekend, once again last minute, I thought about making Easter baskets. We went to Walmart, and it was all gone. The day before Easter. I missed the boat.

We bought a few candies as an afterthought.

This morning I was feeling badly that we didn't do fancy baskets, or dye Easter eggs (Mommy, we need white eggs to color, not brown). All Ellie has been asking for is to hunt for Easter eggs. Luckily this morning I remembered we have a bag of plastic eggs in our Christmas decorations box. Michael filled them with the candy he bought, but them in a container the girls already had, and voila, Easter "baskets." 

The girls have been hiding the plastic eggs and looking for them since we got home from church. "I'm having so much fun," says my 5 year-old.
We weren't sure what time church started this morning. We thought 8am. Or maybe 7. We showed up at 8:45 and we caught the last 10 minutes, just in time for tamales afterwards.
At the kids table eating Easter tamales
And some pictures, because, cute dresses.
Happy Easter from Guatemala!

No comments: