Translate

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mother's Day x 4

Mother's Day stretched out all week. Last Thursday Ruby and I went to a breakfast at church. It was fun to spend time with my Littlest. 
\
Since Ruby was in the preschool for a few weeks, she had made this present for me, minus the handprints, name, or date. It was cute, but I'm not as into presents the teachers paint and make. I'd prefer something less perfect that she painted herself, or with her little handprints. So, we modified her gift a little, and I love it. My necklaces are hanging on it.
At church on Sunday we celebrated Moms. The kiddos sang a couple songs.

Mother's Day photo, 2016
May 10th is an official holiday in Guatemala and most Moms have the day off. I went to see Hazel's dance she's been practicing for weeks with her classmates. It's hard not to watch her and remember her first "act" here in Guatemala when she balled her eyes out during the entire song. She's grown up a lot. 
Ellie's Act was yesterday, so I got to see her dance and sing. She was so comfortable on stage. For weeks she's been keeping this "surprise" from me, not wanting me to know that she's been practicing a song and dance. She loved the idea of not telling me her secret, and kept it well. I hope I don't have to be worried that she's so good at keeping secrets from me.
(Yes, she has two different shoes on. That was intentional, her choice. One of her shoes broke and she wanted one of each. Sure, kid. Whatever you want.)
Flashback: My first Mother's Day in Guatemala.
Feliz Dia De Madre!

No comments: