Translate

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Some hairs cut

The girls have been wanting to get their hair cut for months. I think the last time they got it cut was when they had lice...almost a year ago.

Hazel has been, surprisingly, the most excited about it.

I finally took them today. It's very cheap to get their hair cut here, and I wanted to take advantage of that before we move back North where everything is double or triple the price.
When Hazel's cut was almost done, she started crying.

"It's too long, still," she said in between sobs. (The woman cutting her hair was worried she had cut it too short).

Then, "I miss Daddy!" More sobs.

And then she was fine. I'm not sure what happened. I think she thought she was going to cut it even shorter. She got maybe 4 inches cut off.  I told her we could go back if she decides later it's still too long.

Their new dos.
(Ellie has decided Hazel looks just like her cousin Adelynn now.)
The girls have decided they are tired of Daddy going on so many trips by himself (he's currently on a trip to visit a project here in Guatemala that will be part of his new job). After Ellie was crying in her bed last night, missing Daddy, and Hazel today asking repeatedly when Daddy will get home, I have assured them that a part of why we are moving to Oregon is so that Daddy will travel less. They are very happy about that.


Another affirmation that we are making a good choice to move.

No comments: