Translate

Friday, September 9, 2011

My First Sewing Project

Ellie and I are flying to Colorado at the end of the month to visit and to meet my new little niece, scheduled to be born September 27. The three grandchildren (all girls) will be under one roof! Ellie and Isabelle have met only once, when Ellie was only a few weeks old, so needless to say we are excited!

I received a family sewing machine from Michael's parents for my birthday last year, and the only thing I had made with it was cloth wipes for Ellie's cloth diapers. It was time to try something new. I decided to attempt a fun sewing project for my new niece, and I found this blog with this pattern for a car seat canopy. I thought it would have been nice to have something like this with Ellie. We always draped blankets on the car seat but they always fell down and never stayed put.



I think it turned out well, plus I had fun making it. Only a few weeks until it will be put to use!

3 comments:

Shaina said...

I love it! That cute printed corduroy is so cute! I use that to make some of my bibs, and it's the best. Great job!

The Isaacs said...

Great job, Melissa! Very cute!

Melissa said...

I absolutely love it! Super work!
MP