Translate

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Addendum to yesterday's post: How to walk 20,000 steps

In case you read my post from yesterday, here were my stats by the end of the day:

I walked 10 miles. I think if I had been trying, as in, I had gone for a run or had done some intentional exercise, that number wouldn't stand out to me. But I don't think I've ever walked 10 miles all out of necessity.

Today I'm assuredly going to get far fewer steps. I took a taxi with my two youngest to a new doctor. It was a helpful visit. Three pharmacies later, we came home with three creams and two syrup medicines. Besides having Hand, Foot, Mouth virus (seems to be a fairly mild case), they both have badly infected mosquito bites. Hazel is obviously allergic to bites. Feeling thankful for access to good medical care and the medicines and antibiotics needed to help.

The funny thing is that both "feel" fine. No more fever, no pain. Besides a lot of itching, they are both their normal selves. So we will be staying home for the rest of the week, not with sick kiddos, really, but normal kiddos with lots of energy and some red bumps.

I took it as a good sign yesterday when we passed by Ruby's school and she started trying to get out of the stroller. I think she wanted to go in. We'll try again next week for a full week at school. She didn't even make it two full days this week due to a fever and rash.
In the meantime, we'll be hanging out at home. She was up bright and early this morning. Here she is, "lounging" on the couch with her cheerios at 6am. Every little noise outside she would turn and ask, "Dadda?" Someone misses her Daddy.

1 comment:

Shelly Cunningham said...

We got hand foot & mouth three years ago, and I was startled when a few months later their fingernails started falling off. It's a bizarre side effect of the disease.