Translate

Sunday, April 3, 2016

What not to text your husband, unless you're really, really sure.

Text conversation between me and my husband:

Me: I think the washing machine is broken. It's plugged in but won't turn on.

Michael: That's a new washer. It can't be broken already.

Me: We might need to get it looked at.

Michael: You sure it's not just one of those weird pause buttons pushed?? I can look at it later.


Me: Nope. We've been playing with it for a while. It's definitely not that. The outlet is fine. It has to be the cord.

Michael: Ok. I'll look at it later. I can't really help from here.

Me: I know. Just telling you I'm not an idiot. 

Michael: I know you're not an idiot. I wasn't there so didn't know how much you checked is all.

Me: It's fine.
That night when Michael came home, he checked the washing machine. And pointed out the red part: "APAGADO," which means "OFF." I had no idea that my washing machine had an OFF button. It's never been turned off before. Even after checking all the connections and the outlets, and pushing all the start and selection buttons that I normally do to start it, even with another person, I somehow missed the bright red button.
So, I guess I might be an idiot after all.

When I told our housekeeper this story, she told me Ruby was the one that turned it off. Outsmarted by my 1 year-old. One piece of humble pie for me, please.

No comments: