Translate

Thursday, April 28, 2016

WHAM!

It's been a doozy. April has been a doozy. I'm ready for May to take over.

The whole family got food poisoning. Thankfully, the girls all seemed to get over it pretty quickly, but it's been lingering for Michael and I. For days. Weeks, actually. Which of course makes me think at this point that it's not food poisoning anymore. We'll feel fine for a day or two, and then WHAM! it hits again. I might have to go get checked for amoebas. That sounds like a fun way to spend my time.

And then we've been sorting through work issues, including some unexpected staff changes. That's been difficult. We make a lot of little decisions throughout our workday, but there are also big responsibilities we have to a team, to our partners, to the workers and the people who are affected by our decisions, both big and small. We grow close to team members, knowing they are on contracts that can and will send them packing long before us. A lot of goodbyes happen living in this context.

On top of all that, we/I have been second-guessing our decision to put Ruby at the school with the girls. After several conversations and back-and-forths, we've decided to pull her back out of the school. The truth is she has accustomed herself well. She doesn't cry when I drop her off, and even waves good-bye. In fact, she's doing really well, from what they tell me. But, at the end of the day, I don't want to lose out on this time of life. Hazel was so little (9 months old) when we got here and it was so difficult to have her in daycare. I don't regret that decision, but now we are in a different place, and what's best for us as a family includes me getting to spend more time with Ruby.
A fun outing with some friends, just me and Ruby.
Photo Credit: Luke Penner
So I'm looking forward to focusing on my girls and soaking up time with my precious Littlest One.
She patted the spot next to her so I would sit beside her. 
She is growing and changing literally in front of my eyes. She's independent and sweet and so loving. And I'm beyond blessed that I will get to keep spending precious moments with her. I only have to look at my other two girls to remind myself just how incredibly fast these first few years fly by.

Thanks to my friend Luke for these fun photos:

What a beauty!

No comments: