Translate

Friday, June 1, 2012

Babymoon

Tonight Ellie is staying the night at another family's house so Michael and I can take a Babymoon.

We've only been away from Ellie overnight one other time together, last December, so this is going to be good for us all. That's what I keep telling myself. I know it will be harder on me than her but I am very excited to spend time with Michael. We see it as a major priority before life changes again in a few short weeks. And I have to admit I'm looking forward to sleeping in and not feeling scheduled for a short time.
We're heading up to a friend's cabin at Shaver Lake. We are so thankful to have connected to people in Fresno who are so generous. In January I joined a Mom's Bible Study through another church and have been blessed by the community and connectedness I've found. These ladies have encouraged and supported me in so many ways. Bringing me soup when I'm sick. Volunteering to watch Ellie when I need childcare. Offering us a tent trailer for family to stay in when our new baby arrives. And now, offering to watch Ellie overnight and offering a free place to stay. We've been in Fresno for almost three years and I've felt more connected in the last several months than the previous years.

I'm thankful for community in this time of life. 
I'm thankful I get to spend some quality time with my husband. 
I'm thankful for my precious daughter and my healthy pregnancy. 

I'm feeling blessed today.

1 comment:

The Isaacs said...

Such contentment- enjoy, my friend! :)