Translate

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Feliz Cumpleaño a mi preciosa!

Happy First Birthday to my dear Ruby girl!
I can't believe you're ONE! This may have been the fastest year of my life. I'm so thankful I got to be at home with you for so much of it. 
We love you so much, and I love what an important part of this family you are. 

You are the baby sister, and though that won't always define you, it has changed each of us, both your parents and your older sisters. We all cherish you. 

You are Daddy's little buddy. I love how much you love him. You make a mad dash for the front door when you hear him home from work. You immediately want him to hold you. You love to lounge with him and chill out on his lap. 
Your sisters love to greet you every single morning with hugs and kisses, and you are so happy to see them, too. When you are crying, Hazel often wants to give you a toy to make you happy again. 

One of my favorite daily rituals with you is snuggling with you before I put you to bed. After you nurse, you smile at me, blow me kisses, and whisper to me. I think you're telling me "good night," as I whisper the same to you. You love snuggling with your blankie.

I'm sorry you had a bummer fever today (so did I), but your first (real) taste of chocolate cake seemed to perk you right up.
You are so special to us. We love you, sweet girl.

Happy, Happy Birthday.

2 comments:

Shelly Cunningham said...

What a sweet post & what an adorable girl!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Ruby! What a beautiful post.