Translate

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sick as a dog (Whatever that means)

I started off the New Year running a decent amount. And then I got sick over a week ago, and I'm still fighting it. I was on such a roll...

I remember the days when I'd get a cold or the flu, it would hit me for a couple days, and then I'd be (mostly) good to go. Maybe it's because I could just take a sick day or two and ACTUALLY rest and sleep ALL DAY LONG.

The last several times I've gotten sick, it's knocked me out for a couple weeks each time. It starts off as one thing and drags into 10 different things. First I'm achy. Then sweats and chills. Then fevers. Then it turns into a runny nose, and a cough. And back around again. It's been a bit rough.

I don't know if it's because I've been working out a lot and pushing my body hard. Or because I'm old now. Or because I have a baby who STILL wakes up in the night, which only adds to my misery when I can't get more than a few hours of sleep in a row.

It's probably all those things. Plus we're so busy I barely have time to rest.

Last week I have to admit I was able to take a couple naps, and I'm able to say, with all confidence, that my girls' brains didn't rot even though they watched many hours of Netflix over a couple days so that I could try to sleep.

So, on to week two of being sick. I'm hoping I can kick this soon. The girls will be in school and I'm supposed to head into the office this week, though sleeping sounds good too.

1 comment:

Shelly Cunningham said...

I can totally sympathize with you on this one. Getting well used to be so easy & fun. Now I am getting a nap by whatever means necessary and praying I don't come back down with the same cold a week later because I never seem to get fully well!