Translate

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Erasing the Grumps

It's a grumpy day.

Ellie seems to have a sinus infection. Both older girls have been sick with snotty noses and coughs for quite some time. Ruby is having some kind of reaction to something, with hives all over her body. We're monitoring it, gave her a benadryl-type medicine. Thankfully, with the pharmacy-delivery service, Michael ordered antibiotics (without a prescription of course) and within 10 minutes I had antibiotics at my door for Ellie.

I spent part of the morning looking at work emails and trying to actually get my brain back into work mode. Let me tell you, this is nearly impossible at home with three sick girls, at least a couple of whom are prone to whining and crying at the drop of a pin.

We were going to start swim lessons again today, but I think that will have to wait until the girls are better. I'm itching for a chance to get out of the house. We're a little stir crazy, and the girls are ready for school. Or maybe I'm just ready for them to have an outlet. We have another week or so.

After a frustrating morning I decided to change the mood. We made hot chocolate, pulled out some games, and played. It was time to ignore everything else and just enjoy being with my girls, while we still have these lazy mornings at home.
Hazel isn't a fan of hot chocolate, she decided. Just marshmallows. 
Can you see Ellie's nose? We had a jump rope accident yesterday. A fell-flat-on-her-face kind of situation.
It's hard to balance work and home and spending quality time with the girls. I'm looking forward to being an adult in an office again, feeling useful in other capacities, having space separate from home for work. But it will be a juggle again.

2016, here we come.

No comments: