Translate

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Today we celebrated the wee one

I'm not sure why, but we chose a rainbow theme for Ruby's birthday party. We like the idea of something not stuck to any brand or figure or character until they can choose their own theme. Ellie's first birthday was a giraffe-theme. Hazel's was not themed, as we were in Pennsylvania and a friend threw her a sweet party.
This week Ellie and Hazel helped me make several rainbows in our spare time. Those were our decorations.

A friend made the beautiful cake and cupcakes for Ruby.

And sort of last minute, we decided to tie-dye pillow cases. I saw this example on a blog using acrylic paints, which worked really well since I don't have access to all the fancy tie-dye paints here. I bought the stuff and Michael got it all set up and directed the kids (and parents). They turned out super awesome. 


It was fun to see Ruby grab the stick and hit the pinata. 

After watching the other kids it seemed she wanted to do it again. 
The second time, she grabbed it with both hands and swung away, grunts and all! This was funny to me since I clearly remember Hazel fearing pinatas for at least her first two birthdays.

 
Ruby even got in on the candy action after the pinata broke.
Ruby seemed to enjoy her party, and importantly, so did we! I was reflecting on the previous two First Birthday Parties we've had, and this one was really fun for us it its own way. It was sweet to see the community of friends here come to love on our little Ruby.

She was determined to use a fork to eat her cake.






I guess we're finally done celebrating. It was a great party.

This means I have to really accept the fact that my baby is one.





We love you, sweet girl!

No comments: