Translate

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Weekending It

Sometimes I forget how nice the weather is here. For Guatemalans, it's very cold right now. Everyone talks about how cold it is, and wears winter coats. And the wind can be cold. This morning Michael had on a short-sleeved shirt and someone asked him why he wasn't wearing warmer clothes. We crazy gringos are always underdressed and underbundled.
Some days, sitting outside, reading and enjoying the weather in February, is really great.
I changed Ruby's wardrobe over. I put away her 12-month clothes and pulled out all 18-months.
These 18-month pajamas fit her great and don't seem too big at all.
It was surreal to pull out clothes that I remember Hazel wearing not that long ago. My girls are growing too fast.
I'm thankful we have people here we can pass on Ruby's old clothes to.
At church, in what she calls her "Elsa dress," (dress she wore to my brother's wedding in November), "reading" her Spanish Bible. Also, glasses from McDonalds complete the outfit.

No comments: